Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Boyz

After some lengthy consideration, agnozing meditation and brutal flagellation I've decided to NOT meet in the evening, if for no other reason than to show just how much I hate liberal democracy.


Take THAT, democracy (and socialism too, you silly goose) . . .



Additionally, it appears as though my evenings are well jam-packed enough to make mornings my only real option - so, if you'd like to get together at an ungodly hour in order to pursue godliness, how about Tuesday mornings at 8:00 a.m.? I am, of course, NOT open to suggestions (EVEN IF its an anti-representative-republican one).

C'mon - you know you want to . . .

Here's the idea behind what we're doing, fellas:

1) We're trying to make time for being weak (2 Co. 12:7-10), confessing sin, and restoring one another (Ja. 5:16-20).

2) We're trying to lead our Youth Group (Heb. 10:24-25) into compassionate service of both our redeemed family (Titus 3:14) and our lost city (Mt. 5:14-16, 1 Pet. 2:12, Titus 3:1), which we love (Luke 19:41).

3) We're trying to see what Curtis looks like before he gets his make-up on in the morning and how much trivia Cody remembers before breakfast.

6 Comments:

Blogger Weswise said...

poh awesome, I didn't even see this bulletin before. sounds good, ew Curtis, put some make-up on.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Sharad Yadav said...

6:00 it is!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Sharad Yadav said...

I mean . . . 8:00 a.m. it is!!!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Weswise said...

What's that little finger thing? The hand with two fingers and the other smaller fingers subtly curled, I keep seeing this in my history book and now I just realized it's on here.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Lindasue said...

If I remember correctly, the gesture Jesus is making in the image was a very populat gesture for painters to paint his hands in during the renaissance. The 3 fingers pointing up (thumb, index and middle) symolize the Trinity (God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit). It was common for people back then (and still today) for poeple to count starting with their thumb. Most people today start with their index finger. Anyway, this suble gesture was used by painters to associate Jesus as one among the Trinity, as well as making Him look as if He's giving a "shout-out to his peeps".

Good question.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Sharad Yadav said...

Thanks, Aaron! No wonder you're so populat.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home