I'm Going to Miss You AGAIN!!!!
I regret to inform you that this Sunday I am being honored by the AWANA club for no good reason at all. My presence has been requested at their prestigious pizza party, which means that you'll be on your own for youth group this week.So here's what I want you to do: I want each of you to think about one or two specific things that have helped you to grow spiritually and I want you to take turns explaining to one another:
1) What you did (in detail - if books, which ones; if bible reading, which passages; if journaling, how and how often, etc.)
2) Why it was helpful (what did it do for you spiritually and why)
3) Where you learned it (if Scripture, read the passage, if another believer, explain)
Remember that this doesn't just have to be stuff that you've done in private or just stuff related to direct worship - it could be anything that's helped you to grow spiritually in any area. Acts of service, cultivating specific relationships (parents, friends, etc.), evangelistic stuff - whatever.
And never fear - we will see one another soon. I miss you too. It hurts. Mostly around the face. If you'd like to have coffee or lunch with me or just hang out, post to this message, tell me when, and I'll do my best to make something happen.
Hebrews 10:23-25: Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home